Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer, Snacks, And RAD

Summer is moving right along here.  Next month the littles will be back on school schedule.  Paul is in summer school for the next couple of weeks giving us a quieter morning.  Allen has decided that he does not have to get up at the crack of dawn, so he is managing to get down here after the breakfast kitchen has closed. (That is after 9:00 am). Getting him back on school schedule might be a bit of a challenge.  The girls are up and running out of things to do by 9;00 am so they have been acquiring extra chores, just because I get tired of them watching me do all the work.

Our RAD child has morphed into a new state of radism that goes something like this. I hate you, I don`t wanna, I`m not gonna, you can`t make me, and on and on and on.  The mouth is working overtime at irritating everyone.  I guess this is the more adult version of RAD.  It is less physically violent that is for sure.  Is it any better?  Not really, it is just different.  It can be very annoying so sometimes we just have to tune her out.
Oh we still have all out melt downs 3 or more times a week, but not multiple times every day. Then last weekend we had an all out blow up which consumed the entire day with violence, just to remind us that we are on this RAD roller-coaster for life.

I was cleaning up downstairs when I came across 19 empty fruit snack wrappers, so I ask Hanna how the snacks were and she says "I didn`t eat any fruit snacks".  Since I had asked about snacks, not fruit snacks specifically I guess she told me exactly who had eaten them. I am guessing that when we get back to the orthodontist there will be a mess to straighten out in her mouth, aurgh!

No comments:

Post a Comment