Friday, September 7, 2012

Silence

Do you hear the silence?  It started yesterday when Paul joined the rest of the kids back in school.  It is so nice to have a few hours of quiet.  I didn`r even turn the TV or radio on yesterday. The noise comes back shortly after 3:00 pm, of course when I have just gotten on the phone with the pre-op  nurse to go over the details of Lauren`s surgery.  Paul had to come bouncing, screaming, pounding, and screaming some more.  He was just a bit wound up after his first day of 2nd grade.

I have 10 days to get meals in the freezer, catch up on the paperwork, get clothes and bedding organized, and get schedules ready for everyone so Dad and the PCAs can take over here for 2 or 3 days while I sit at the hospital with Lauren. 

Lauren is having a programmable shunt put in so that the pressure in her brain can be regulated.  We have to stay there until her pressure is stable which is supposed to be 24 to 48 hours. 

I had better get back to work  while I have the chance to do so in silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment