Monday, August 16, 2010

Supplies

The school supply list for kindergarten boggles my brain. It contains Chlorox wipes to get rid of germs, 2 packs of crayons (whatever happened to one box a year?), 6 notebooks, 6 folders, scissors, tennis shoes, a pencil box, 10 pencils, and 20, yes two zero glue sticks as well as 2 bottles of glue. I can only imagine what my five year old who is developmentally acting like a 2 1/2 year old is going to do with all of those glue sticks. He will either be painting himself or gluing his hair into some sort of wacky fashion statement. They also want a blanket for napping, are you kidding, we can not even get the kid to sleep for more then seven hours, that is on a very good night. He is not going to be allowed to take a nap, which he will not do anyway. I have Hanna up after 1 am every night and certainly do not need Paul joining her. He will not be bringing a blanket.

I read an article in the paper that was telling that some schools are adding to the school list staplers, paper clips, and toilet paper. Do we not pay enough taxes to even provide our schools with toilet paper?

3 comments:

  1. I guess not. Our kindergarten wants facial tissue, too. 3 boxes per child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toilet paper?! Are you kidding me?

    I haven't done the school supply shopping yet. That's going to have to wait until next week. By then all the Hannah Montana folders will be sold out. Bummer.
    ~Kari

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to talk to the teacher - I've found they often just warn you to have extras of glue and crayons on hand because you'll need to send more later in the year, rather than send it all at once. Or, the teacher collects it all and pulls it out as needed for the group use.

    ReplyDelete