Monday, September 12, 2011

First Grade And FASD

Paul and the first grade are not exactly getting along. He can not sit still, does not understand the material, and in general is not ready for first grade. He most likely will not be there for several years so there is no point in putting it off. He learns by doing the same things over and over again. He is extremely concrete so he needs to learn everything one way no exceptions.

Since school is rather challenging he is picking at his ears, and biting his lip and he is REALLY loud and hyper when he gets home. His meds have begun to wear off by late afternoon so we have been having lots of shoe throwing, paper taring, and one blue backpack flying across the kitchen every day.

I think it is time to make some changes in his day.

The older three kids were going swimming this morning so they were excited to get out the door. I hope Hanna puts her ear drops in so she can keep swimming. The last word I got from her this morning was that she did not need to listen to those rules cuz she doesn`t want too and no one will tell me if she does not follow the rules. I am not about to get into a power struggle with, but there are consequences if she does not do what she is supposed to do, and yes I will find out.

Never fear I will never run out of things to do and issues to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment