Friday, January 27, 2012

Get Err Done

This week has been really just plain nuts. Actually as I think about it I get a bit overwhelmed with the amount of major stuff we are dealing with right now.

Monday I did paperwork (have to pay the bills), laundry, and made some meals up to get us through the next couple of weeks.

Tuesday, I went to the Social Security office and got to spend several hours being totally frustrated in trying to fill out forms for Allen. The newbe did not know what she was doing so this is going to take a very long time to get done. We had gone through this same process six weeks ago for Lauren and got everything done with no hassles. The Newbe was trying to tell us that our kid who has a long list of diagnosis and functions at the level of a 2 to 3 year old would not be considered disabled. The thing is the person working across the isle who has seen him in action was just shaking her head and nodding in agreement with what Dad and I were saying. Why couldn't`we get her to process this for us? Now, we have to do this the long complicated way. We will get it done and he will be found to be disabled. I am pretty sure Allen would rather be able to work and take care of himself, but that is not where he is so we will just have to get that in writing. (Actually we already have that, but that does not count), whatever.

Wednesday, I spent the morning at the clinic with Hanna and then returned a call from Lauren`s neurologist. They wanted more lab work so I went back to the clinic with Lauren. (The receptionists don`t even ask the annoying questions any more, they just tell me to go ahead and have a seat).

Yesterday I had to take Paul in for a physical because he needs to have a sedated MRI next week. Paul has grown a little bit and there have been some significant changes in his behavior and vision.

Today I am getting my hair cut and then I have to do some work on a school issue, which I will blog about at some point, but not right now.

We have 3 kids dealing with some pretty big medical issues right now. Allen just needs to keep on doing what he is doing because we do not need him to have some crisis for awhile. I can say that I never run out of things to do or places to go. I can do this, one thing at a time, we`ll get err done.

No comments:

Post a Comment