Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On The Go

This is one of those weeks where I spend the days running from one thing to another. Yesterday I took Paul to the U of M for his ophthalmology appointment. He is doing great, his surgeon is very pleased with the results, and best of all he does not need to be seen for six months.

Today Lauren had to get to braces on her bottom teeth. Hanna had to have her mouth rearranged as usual. We are six weeks away from the first surgery scheduled on her mouth. I am both looking forward to getting this process started and dreading having to deal with the kid who is not going to handle this well at all. We also had some work done on Lauren`s AFO`s so that maybe they will quit causing skin breakdown on her foot.

Tomorrow I have haircuts scheduled for three kids and I am going to take them out for pizza.

Thursday I have to get everything packed for our camping adventure this weekend, yes,
we are going camping with some other families who also have adopted kids with special needs. These are amazing people who we have the privilege to hang out with. They totally understand when we have to keep to the routine, tone things down, when kids go bonkers, and that we always have to be flexible and ready to change course in an instant. It will be a blast.

It is one of those weeks where I have so much to do and so little time to do it in, but I have to weekend to look forward to at the end.

2 comments: