Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thank You So Much

Over the past 2 1/2 weeks I have been doing nothing much except for keeping Hanna under control, oh now and again I have loaded the dishwasher, started the washer, or helped another kid with something or other, but when it comes to doing what I usually do around here I have been on strike. My house is pretty much a mess, we need groceries badly, and I have lots of things to catch up on. I will get things back to routine as soon as I can. Hanna has a medical appointment tomorrow and hopefully she will be getting back to school next week. I have missed my "Mom" time when I can take care of myself and do the things that I need to do at my pace.

Our ship is still sailing, just not quite the way Mom does it, sorry Dad, you really do not have this ship running thing down, but I do thank you for taking over for me. Everyone is surviving. We will just straighten things up a bit soon.

Karre I am sssssooooooo glad that you have washed and dried a MOUNTAIN of laundry and kept the number of dirty dishes down to reasonable. I will get the laundry folded and put away and yes, I will get back to doing the dishes too.

Allen, you are a sweet big brother, thanks for doing Hanna`s chores for her. I do not know what we are going to do when she can do them herself again. I know you are going to protest and try to do them for her.

To Hanna`s Godmother thanks so much for watching her for a Short while so I could get out of that hospital room and relax. Taking a break just for a little while makes all the difference in the world.

To all seven of the PCA`s who have been working extra, unscheduled hours, thanks. You are truly appreciated.

To the nurses and doctors who have been taking care of Hanna, thanks. I so much appreciated your asking for help when you could not understand her speech or did not know how to deal with her behavior. We do not have all the answers, but when we work together things seem to work out for the best.

To the school personal who have called with concern for Hanna, thanks. Thanks also for being flexible and working with the changes that need to be made so that she will be able to be in school.. She will be so happy to be back to that routine.

Thanks to the friends who brought dinner for us. I know you usually cook for three so taking on all of the hungry people we feed is not a small task.

All of your thoughtfulness and help has made this process much easier for me. To have family, friends, and a community so generous is truly a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment