Saturday, May 8, 2010

It Is All About Love

It is the crawling all over you, kissing, and hugging "I wove you" kind of love Paul shares with me.

The "hi Mom what`s up" with the pick you off the ground hugs Jared comes with.

The "hi Mom ..."chat on the phone for an hour or more, just because we are best friends from Rene` We share everything in those conversations and we always end by saying I love you to one another.

It is the phone calls I get every Tuesday and Thursday at about 2:30 in the afternoon from Trevor just checking in to fill you in on college life and very often ask for advice on something or other that I look forward to.

It is the easy conversation Karre and I share at the breakfast table every morning before she runs out the door to the life of a teenager.

It is the playing with my hair, and repeating over and over again "good Mom, good Mom" Allen chants.

It is sharing time with Lauren because she always wants to help just so she can be by my side. Sometimes she shares in words her love, but you can just tell because she wants me there and she will come looking for me.

Hanna, well you do not yet know how to show me that you love me or even care, or want me to be your mom, and that is okay for now you are still my little girl no matter how hard you try to push me away. I have hope for you and I pray that some day you will figure it out. I do not know when that will happen, some days I wish it would be right now but I understand that great things sometimes take time so I will wait for however long it takes you to figure it out and while I wait I LOVE YOU because I am your Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment