Thursday, May 6, 2010

Just A Little Drama

There is just a little bit of drama going on around here this week, not the all out crazy stuff.

Lauren`s communication device blew up, the computer went nuts the other day. It happened during a therapy session, which I am thankful for. The tech guy was right there when it happened so it sure wasn`t anything we did. There is a warranty on the device so I do not have to figure out who is going to pay to replace or repair it. The technology is helpful but at the same time it causes issues that we would not otherwise be dealing with. It is always a balancing act trying to figure out whether or not to use what is out there. We will get this thing fixed for her sooner or later.

It was a trip to the OR for Lauren yesterday to do some work on her legs, yeah those things are always in need of some sort of repair. She has been through this sssssoooooo many times that she is a pro and gets it done without much drama. She got a purple (her favorite color) blanket with teddy bears on it so she was happy about that. Mom on the other hand gets to spend lots of time sitting there and that is when I struggle with the physical abuse that she endured in her birth family. It was just so senseless and has left such a huge impact on her life that at these times I still have trouble with its reality. How anyone could do those things to their baby is beyond comprehension for my brain. Then we get whatever it is we are getting done, done and we move on. Life is to short to spend it getting upset about the stupid things others have done.

Today the only place I have to go is to get my haircut. I will try to catch up on things around home and I should even have time to put something in the crock pot for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment