Thursday, July 2, 2009

I`m Bored

That is what I heard from Hanna very early this morning. She has been up since 4:30 am and at 5:15 she was already telling me that she is bored. In the first place if you are going to be so bored why don`t you just go to bed and sleep for once, then there would not be so many hours in the day to worry about something else to do? As a rule around here if I hear those words "I`m bored" I will find a chore for you to do, there are socks to be matched, floors to sweep, dusting to do, etc. etc. When Hanna gets these chores she mumbles to herself and usually has a tantrum before she is done. She is the only kid here who just can not figure out that you had better find things to do that are not destructive or harmful,and do not say that you are bored, or Mom will be there with something for you to do. She repeats this same routine day after day. I do not know if she will ever figure the system out so I guess I will just keep thinking of things for her to do and then let her lose it because she is bored.

1 comment:

  1. Heh, I do the same thing. I find that if I am proactive (read, load them down with busy work chores) they start complaining that they don't want to do them. . .and I ask, what did you have in mind instead? They usually think of something quick and then they've busied themselves! "Oh, ok, if that's what you have your heart set on doing I guess you can come back to the chores when you are done." I know they are done when they start causing trouble. ;)

    ReplyDelete